Asthma is a chronic (long term) lung disease that inflames and narrows the airways. Asthma causes recurring periods of wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing. The coughing often occurs at night or early in the morning.
Asthma causes absence from school, increase medical costs, irreversible lung damage without treatment, and death.
The Asthma Program offers:
- Home visits to provide resources, case management, and education
- Free supplies to help eliminate asthma triggers in the home
- Help link families to community resources.
- The Program is FREE.
- Children 18 years old and under
- Children diagnosed with moderate to severe asthma
- Children enrolled in/eligible for Medical assistance (Medicaid or MCHP)
- Children living at the property at least 10+ hours/week.
Call 301-609-6900 ext. 6849 or 6816 for more information or to enroll in the program