Quit Smoking & Tobacco Prevention Programs
Choose to Live a Healthier Life! Join one of our FREE 8-Week Quit Smoking Classes!
We can offer:
- Development of a Quitting Plan
- Weekly support group through class
- Free quitting medication or aids
- Nurse monitoring
- Stress management
- Nutrition & Exercise guidance
- Tobacco Education . . . and more!
8-week sessions are available throughout the year. Pre-registration is required.
Call (301) 609 – 6932 for class details or to request a Smoking Quit Packet.
How Smoking Harms You
- Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body, causing many diseases and reducing the health of smokers in general.
- Quitting smoking has immediate as well as long-term benefits, reducing risks for diseases caused by smoking and improving health in general.
Maryland Quit Line:
Visit the web site!
Tobacco Prevention presentations & Cessation “Quit Talks” are available to schools, community groups and agencies throughout Charles County. Presentations require approximately 45 minutes. Call Mary Beth Klick at (301) 609-6932 to schedule a presentation.
Other Helpful Links:
Tobacco Free Kids
Center for Disease Control
National Institute on Drug Abuse
National Institute of Health
National Cancer Institute
American Cancer Society
American Heart Association
American Lung Association
E-Cigarettes and Youth
Tobacco Prevention is Key!
We have to keep talking to our kids about never starting tobacco!.