Take some time this month to educate someone about CF or encourage people in your community to get involved. It only takes a few minutes to make a difference.
- Approximately 30,000 children and adults in the United States have CF.
- More than 10 million Americans are symptomless carriers of the defective CF gene.
- CF used to be considered exclusively a childhood disease. Thanks to advancements in CF research and care, people with the disease are living into their 30s, 40s and beyond.
- The life expectancy for someone with CF has doubled in the last 30 years, but people still lose their lives to this devastating disease every day.
- The CF Foundation will not rest until we find a cure for all people with cystic fibrosis.
Learn more about CF here.
The County Commissioners of Charles County issued a proclamation about Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month on 5/14/19.