Charles County Covid-19 Call Center 301-609-6717
Maryland Crisis Hotline– 211 press 1 or text Zip code to 898-211
SAMSHA National Helpline 1-800-622-4357
SAMSHA Disaster Distress Helpline 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
Deaf/Hard of Hearing
Text TalkWithUs to 66746
Use your preferred relay service to call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990
Call 1-800-985-5990 and press “2”
From the 50 States, text Hablanos to 66746
From Puerto Rico, text Hablanos to 1-787-339-2663
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline– 1-800-273-8255(English); 1-888-628-9495(Spanish)
National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
NAMI Helpline 1-800-950-6264 (M-F 10a to 6p)
- NAMI Getting Help Paying for Medications page: https://www.nami.org/findsupport/living-with-a- mental-health-condition/getting-help-paying-formedications
- PhRMA’s Medicine Assistance Tool: www.medicineassistancetool.org
A search engine for many of the patient assistance resources that the pharmaceutical industry offers.
- Needy Meds: (800) 503-6897 / www.needymeds.org Offers a Helpline and website information on financial assistance programs to help defray cost of medication. Website also offered in Spanish.
- RX Assist: www.rxassist.org Provides up-to-date directory of free and low-cost medicine programs and other ways to manage medication costs.
- RX Hope: www.rxhope.com A free patient assistance program to assist people in need obtain critical medications.
- USARX: www.usarx.com Provides coupons online for downloading/printing and can be brought to the pharmacy to see if it will give consumer a lower price or beat their copay.
- Blinkhealth Prescription Assistance: www.blinkhealth.com Individuals (with or without insurance) pay upfront for medication online and then take a voucher to their pharmacy. Accepts calls 8 a.m.-10 p.m. M-F, 9 a.m.-7p.m. weekends (EST); Spanish language option on patient assistance line.
Substance Use online support resources
- Alcoholics Anonymous Online Intergroup – a directory of online audio/video meetings seven days per week.
- SMART Recovery – an online community where participants help one another recover from addictive behaviors.
- WEconnect and Unity Recovery – free online daily all recovery meetings.
- Narcotics Anonymous – online meetings in various time zones using multiple platforms.
- Herren Project – live online support groups and recovery meetings moderated by trained clinicians.
- In the Rooms – free weekly online meetings for those recovering from addiction and related issues.
- Learn to Cope – online support forum open to families, friends and loved ones who have someone in their lives who is struggling with addiction.
- Al-Anon Family Groups – electronic meetings for anyone affected by alcoholism in a family member or friend.
Mail-based naloxone services: https://www.naloxoneforall.org/maryland-language
Senior Call Check 1-866-502-0560
We recommend all seniors use the program as a resource during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Senior Call Check phone lines are open M-F 8 am-5 pm and Saturday 9 am-3 pm
Food Bank Resources
LifeStyles of Maryland Foundation, Inc. Open 3470 Rockefeller Court, Waldorf, MD 20602
Tuesday March_24: 8am- 4pm
Wednesday March_25: 8am-4pm
Thursday March_26: 8am-4pm
Friday March_27: 8am-4pm
Monday March_30: 8am-4pm
Tuesday March_31: 8am-4pm
Wednesday April_1: 8am-4pm
Thursday April_2: 8am-4pm
Friday April_3: 8am-4pm
Southern Maryland Food Bank 22 Irongate Drive Waldorf, MD 20602
Tuesday March_24: Emergency Pantry hours 9- 3pm
Wednesday March_25: Emergency Pantry hours 9-3pm
Thursday March_26: Emergency Pantry hours 9-3pm
Friday March_27: Emergency Pantry hours 9- 3pm
National Child Traumatic Stress Network: https://www.nctsn.org/resources/parent-caregiver-guide-to-helping-families-cope-with-the-coronavirus-disease-2019